Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wii!!




Okay, so in case nobody has told you yet, the coolest video game system in the world is a Nintendo Wii. Believe me, I thought I had burnt through any interest I could ever again hold in computer or video games in high school where wolfenstein, doom, and playstation pretty much occupied any time I did not already have devoted to something active. But I was wrong. Way wrong.
The Wii uses remote controller via bluetooth that senses and projects direction, as well as senses three dimensional motion and acceleration. If you though it was hard enough to hit a golf ball straight in real life, try setting your swing level to "difficult" in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08. The first two times I played baseball I threw out my right arm, and the first time I made it through 3 rounds of boxing I threw out my left arm. Even non sports games are so much better because of the interactive abilities the remote style allows games to integrate into actions. Out of bullets while fighting virus infected zombies? Start swinging. Need to hug a wall to avoid being spotted by terrorists? Swing yourself around, remote in hand. Now any of the actions can be done by flipping your wrist in the sitting position, but come on... how fun is that?

No comments: