So last night while I was doing dishes my kids were watching an episode of Dora the Explorer in which the supposedly legal hispanic immigrant child Dora pretends to be a doctor to all of her talking animal friends. The point of the episode is to help Benny the Bull who has a cold, but along the way she helps other deranged, I mean estranged, animals.
In her adventure she comes across something struggling in a bush. What is it? A BIG RED Chicken! And it's stuck! How? It's foot is caught in a BUCKET (I swear it is only missing a picture of Colonel Sanders on the side)!!!! I couldn't stop laughing. They come across A BIG BUCKET OF RED CHICKEN while on the way to help a SICK BULL. Okay, to spell it out for some of you there are about a dozen references here communism, financial markets, and fried chicken in general. After they help the chicken out of the bucket, they tauntingly ask, "We have a surprise for you big chicken, do you want to know what it is?" If my kids hadn't been in the room, I would have blurted out "A big vat of hot oil?!" I can't remember enjoying a cartoon so much since I was old enough to believe such things really happened somewhere somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment