After biking home 3 miles I was greeted by Katie’s shopping trip to Costco and the remains of her Activity Days get together. So, of course, we had a snack.
I might be milking the “carbs after exercise exception” just a little bit between my fruit and now my piece of a donut. I guess I should wear the heart rate monitor one day and see what kind of a workout I really get biking to and from work.
Dinner: griddle chili (1 lb. ground beef, 1 can kidney beans, zucchini, spinach, 1 tomato) with 1/2 cup Real Eggs + 1 real egg. I ate all the eggs and as much of the chili as I could stuff down (about half). This was followed by a dessert of sugar free lime jello. I have to admit it looks pretty gross sitting in a yellow bowl, but it sure tasted good.
I plan to have 2 tbs of almond butter on my way to bed tonight (maybe on some celery). I feel pretty good physically today despite being a complete grump. I did, however, notice that when I’m really grumpy it tends to be a great motivator for my kids. I think they’ve finally gotten to the point where they won’t gamble on whether or not I’ll follow through on threats. Apparently, I make more threats when I’m grumpy… How did I get blessed with such good kids and a patient wife?
No comments:
Post a Comment