Weight: 206.6 lbs.
Total Inches: 67.5”
Still losing weight this week. Overall I’m now down 7 lbs. which for a three week period is pretty decent weight loss. There was a study a while ago that suggested the fastest weight loss rate that didn’t shock your system was about 2 lbs. a week. We’ll see how it continues. After I finish the first month I think I might add back in natural sugars from fruits and berries again as well as a little cheese.
Breakfast: Protein shake. Yep, you know it. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it takes care of my protein requirement. For someone who never ate breakfast normally it’s a pretty easy way to get it done. I added a few pieces of bacon to that since we celebrated the kids’ last day of school. I’m going to severely cut down on the bacon from here on out though because of sodium nitrate. Sodium nitrate is a compound added to meats to give them a red appearance and is usually found in hot dogs, lunch meat, smoked fish, corned beef etc. Unfortunately, nitrates added to any food often break down into nitrosamines which are cancer causing chemicals and this is especially true in bacon. If you’re going to cut any additives from your diet the American Dietetic Association says this one should be at the top of your list. While I’m not going to completely cut out bacon, I’m seriously cutting back and maybe I’m going to start looking for local or natural cut bacon that don’t include any nitrates for color.
Lunch: Salmon bento box from Demae. I substituted a second salad for the rice, but still cheated on the dumplings and california rolls.
Dinner: I wasn’t that hungry for dinner but fajita style leftover top round steak with pepper, onions, and zucchini hit the spot.
The night was finished off with sugar free jello and some almond butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment