Monday, May 23, 2011

May 22 and 23

May 22

Weight: 210.2 lbs.

Total Inches: 67”

This is the smallest increase after a binge day I’ve ever had. I chalked it up to the bike ride the day before. Despite the increased Saturday activity I wasn’t very hungry come Sunday morning. So breakfast consisted of a protein shake.

DinnerDrink5_5_2011

I’ve started making my protein shakes with almond milk. However, even the unsweetened almond milk constitutes a small deviation from the rules since it contains a very small amount of starch as a thickener. I think that is specific to the blue label brand, however, and next time I’ll see if I can find one that is simply the filtered water and almonds. I’m going to stick with it for a couple of reasons though: it tastes so much better, and it provides a natural source of calcium.

Sunday ended up being a REALLY lazy day and I fell asleep until we were late for Stake Conference, which meant skipping lunch. Dinner was lasagna and I forgot to take a picture, but that’s okay since everyone knows what lasagna looks like anyways. What I should have taken a picture of though were the cookies and brownies we had for dessert.

Looking back, my largest progress as made during the first week when I wasn’t the necessarily the strictest (I consistently had some form of fruit after I biked to or from school), but I at the least diversity in my diet. My goal is to try to revert to that this week. I am noticing that I seem to feel fuller on less food lately, but I’ve been eating the same amount of food as usual out of habit. My other goal this week is to not eat more than I need to.

May 23

Weight: 211.2 lbs.

Total Inches: 67.5”

I was really surprised by the increase this morning since I had skipped one meal on Sunday. Maybe it was the desserts? Then again, I was surprised by a lack of gain from Saturday, so maybe part of it was delayed? I don’t know, What I do know is that my back was KILLING ME. So much so that I didn’t make it to work today. Breakfast was my protein shake with the almond milk (see the picture above if you need one Smile) and a couple of bites of Katie’s eggs and vegetables.

I layed down until lunch which consisted of leftover roasted chicken mixed with leftover spinach all sautéed together.

100_0054

I shared a packet of cashew with Andrew for snack after laying down for the afternoon.

1Snack5_4_2011

Dinner consisted of stir-fry onions and peppers with top round steak sliced into 1/4” slabs. It was amazing. So much so that I forgot to take a picture. We’lll see how I do tomorrow with almost no physical activity at all today (literally).

No comments: